Always On HA in Azure - Can't connect via the Listener

• I've created an Always on HA group in Windows Azure, following the various web articles I've been able to find. The Availability Group exists and the Listener is on line. As far as I can see all the correct port rules are there and the probe port etc. has been set up. I've also successfully failed the AG between nodes, and every thing looks correct after another review of the build document and the various configurations.

There's only one problem, I can't connect via the Listener Name except from the current primary node. I can connect to the SQL Server name from anywhere, but not the Listener. I get a fairly generic error:

Cannot Connect to ListenerName

Additional Information:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred.. Server was not found or is not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and SQL Server configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open connection to SQL Server) MS SQL Server, Error: 53)

The network path was not found

As any one played in this space and got any ideas where to look? I've run out of ideas here.

Leo

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

• Hi Leo

I am curious to know how did you fix this issue, assuming it was 🙂

I have run into exact same issue.

Thanks

Soumik

• Sorry to "me too" here, but I am facing the same issue 🙁 How did you resolve it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply