Always On AG Listener

• I have Primary Replica - Full, Diff and Log backups & Maintenance Jobs etc.

Secondary Replica 1(Async mode read only) - Reporting Purposes and Data warehouse.

Secondary Replica 2 (Asyc mode) - For DR.

Primary and secondary replica 1 are located on the same location but different IP range and DR is located in different location.

So it would be a multi sub net. I am thinking of configuring listener between Primary replica and Secondary replica 2 (For DR) only. Would that be okay or do i run into any issues. Does listener has to be configured between 3 replica's. Please advise?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Facing a new problem with my implementation. Previously i have configured with two nodes and after creating the listener nslookup shows associated IP addresses for the listener. But with 3 node I am not seeing all the associated IPs when i run nslookup and listener name. So due to this when i failover to DR the failover part works but not able to connect using listener. Has anyone came accross this issue? Would this be firewall or access issue to the dns. Please advise? Looked some solutions in online no luck yet. Thanks in Advance!

• Any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply