SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Bill Nicolich

Last active: Last year
SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)

Connections

Followers

Bill Nicolich has no followers

Following

Bill Nicolich is not following anyone

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (193 reputation)
Gold achievements 0 Silver achievements 0 Bronze achievements 0
193 reputation
99 posts
0 followers

Basic

Full name
Not provided

Birthday
Not provided

About

Tagline
Not provided

Interests
E-commerce data. Set-based operations. Automation programming. Architecture of public interfaces and private interfaces within classes. Managing complexity. Evolutionary psychology. Classic literature. The author Joseph Conrad. The author Marianne Moore.

Biography
My father got a Franklin Apple clone desktop computer when I was about eleven. There was an Apple Basic manual with it. So, I used the manual to program my own "choose your own adventure" game with no graphics much like the game "Oregon Trail." There was a health level, food and supplies levels, items and pitfalls. I wanted a statistical element to control the likelihood of events happening, so I included some mathematical formulas. This was about 1984. I had no IDE - so there was no cut, copy or paste operations. I remember seeing those operations much later and wishing I had them available back then. I became an occasional computer user as a teen-ager and then a more frequent user until college. I worked all throughout college in business office environments. I moved from scripting and automation to programming. My first full-time programmer job was in 2000 as a staff data conversion programmer, setting up datasets for full electronic accounts payable auditing. My programming has always been data-centric. I can say that I enjoy working with data. I envy people who get to work with interesting data. I have a brother-in-law who'se data is GPS coordinates of moving objects such as birds and fish. That's good stuff! At HealthCare Insight, I worked with physician billing data to audit for overcharges and fraud. That was interesting data. I learned much about the world of healthcare billing. I intend to create a web site to help the average consumer better understand healthcare billing to avoid overpayments. Much of my programming involves server-side Web programming and back-end database development. I do set up some of my own sites. I put up a site for my wife who is a violin instructor, composer and performer: EmilyViolin.com. I'm a Microsoft SQL Server platformer. I'm transitioning to ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and SQL Server 2005.

Work

Company
Not provided
Position
Not provided
Skills
Not provided

Connect

Links
Social
No social links provided
Contact