SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

We Are Not Alone

We Are Not Alone

Author
RSP
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (548 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item We Are Not Alone

WayneS
WayneS
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)SSC-Insane (22K reputation)

I didn't know about SQL-Lunch. Thanks!

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings

Rod
Rod
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Thank you for this article, Robert. I didn't know about half of the things you talked about (e.g.: SQL Lunch, Virtual Chapters). Very useful!

Rod
jcrawf02
jcrawf02
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)

If you're on Twitter, do a search for 'Free SQL' and check back occasionally. You'll get more free webinars/resources/ebooks than you can read/attend/absorb.

If you can't get to Twitter, try http://www.twapperkeeper.com/keyword/free%20sql for an archived list.

There's some junk, but it's worth it.

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)

Thanks. Good stuff.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

Daniel Bowlin
Daniel Bowlin
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.3K reputation)

I spent over 10 years working as a generalist in IT. I have really specialized in SQL Server and SQL Server BI over the last few years. This year I made a point of becoming more active in communities.

I spend at least a few minutes here on SSC every day. The same is true of BIDN.

I am a member of many SQL Server or BI LinkedIn groups.

I have worked to post forum answers in SSC and elsewhere.

I have attended several SQLLunches and a SQL Saturday event.

I am considering writing a few blogs and short articles based on what I have learned.

In short, I believe involvement will make you better. I believe there was another editorial recently that said something like I get better/smarter when I talk to you. I would expand on that and say that being involved in online and in these communities and groups has absolutely made me better at what I do in many tangible and intangible ways. It takes real effort and time, but it will pay big dividends for a long time.

If you want to reach the next level, community involvement is a great way to do it.
jcrawf02
jcrawf02
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.1K reputation)

dbowlin (9/17/2010)
I believe there was another editorial recently that said something like I get better/smarter when I talk to you.
From Andy Warren, SQLAndy.com

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Editorial/71081/

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.