Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Stored Procedure

Stored Procedure

Author
walterskw02
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi

I am busy working on a Project where the ERP system is SAP Business One, it runs off SQL Server 2005, there is a requirement for a Stored Procedure to do the following (these are based off SAP fields but are in the SQL Server tables and fields):

1) Project field on Line level = if field left as NULL SAP prompts you to select one (via the SP)
2) Project field on Line Level = if a blocked Project is selected SAP prompts you to select another (via the SP)
3) Project field on Header Level = if field left as NULL SAP prompts you to select one (via the SP)
4) Project field on Header Level = if a blocked Project is selected SAP prompts you to select another (via the SP)
5) NumAtCard field on Header Level = if Field left as NULL SAP prompts you to define a BP Ref. No. (via the SP)
6) I have Intercompany Loan Accounts 125100 - 125950 and a Project 105000 = Intercompany, I am needing a Stored Procedure that will block any other GL Acounts from using the Intercompany Project Code '105000' except for when I select the Intecompany Loan accounts.

I have written a Stored Procedure for a AR Invoice (Object Type 13) on points 1) to 5) (please see below code) but I am also needing code to do point 6), with there being so many steps to the Stored Procedure and as I only know a bit, is it possible to merge all, I have issues with the code when running it:

- it will go through each step 1) to 5) but will keep stuck on Point 4) even though the correct Project is selected.

Code:

IF @transaction_type='A' AND @Object_type = '13'
BEGIN
--AR Invoice Cust Inv. No.
IF EXISTS (SELECT T0.DocEntry FROM dbo.OINV T0 WHERE T0.NumAtCard ='0' OR T0.NumAtCard IS NULL AND T0.DocEntry = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)
BEGIN
SET @Error = 10
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice - Please define the Customer Invoice Number within Cust. Inv. No. Field'
END

--AR Invoice Header – Mandatory Project
ELSE IF EXISTS (SELECT T0.DocEntry FROM dbo.OINV T0 WHERE T0.Project ='0' OR T0.Project IS NULL AND T0.DocEntry = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)
BEGIN
SET @Error = 11
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice - Please select Project Code under Accounting Tab > BP Project'
END

--AR Invoice Header - Blocked Projects
ELSE IF EXISTS (SELECT T0.DocEntry FROM dbo.OINV T0 WHERE T0.Project ='180002' OR T0.Project ='180006' OR T0.Project ='180008' OR T0.Project ='181000' OR T0.Project ='183000' AND T0.DocEntry = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)
BEGIN
SET @Error = 12
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice Header - This Project is blocked please select the correct one'
END

--AR Invoice Lines - Mandatory Project
ELSE IF EXISTS (SELECT T0.DocEntry FROM dbo.INV1 T0
WHERE (T0.Project ='' OR T0.Project IS NULL) AND T0.DocEntry = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)
Begin
SET @Error = 13
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice - Please set Project Code on every line !'
End

--AR Invoice Lines - Blocked Project
ELSE IF EXISTS (SELECT T0.DocEntry FROM dbo.INV1 T0
WHERE (T0.Project ='180002' OR T0.Project ='180006' OR T0.Project ='180008' OR T0.Project ='181000' OR T0.Project

='183000') AND T0.DocEntry = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)
Begin
SET @Error = 14
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice Lines - This Project is blocked please select the correct one'
End
END

Is my question possible in the SP of SQL Server 2005, I despreately need assitance and help.

Yours Sincerely

Kurt Walters
Mike01
Mike01
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.3K reputation)

Could it be as simple as this? Unsure

if Project = 105000 and Intercompany Loan Accounts not between 125100 - 125950
begin
SET @Error = 15
SET @error_message = 'AR Invoice Lines - Can Only use this GL Accounts with Intercompany Loan Accounts'
end

For better, quicker answers, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/

For better answers on performance questions, click on the following...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/
walterskw02
walterskw02
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply I will try this and add it to my SQL Query as I will need to query the SQL Table and field.

Thanks very much for the help

Regards

Kurt Walters
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.