Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Audit

SQL Audit

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL Audit

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
brdudley
brdudley
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
As I read the question I muttered under my breath, "I think that's configurable". So, when I was pleased when that was an answer choice.

Thank you for submitting the question.
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

Thanks for the good question showcasing newer features!
Daniel Bowlin
Daniel Bowlin
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.8K reputation)

I am not sure why I knew this without having to do a little research, but I did...WooHoo! I guess regular reading and participation in SSC is starting to have positive effects.:-)
SanjayAttray
SanjayAttray
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)

If the answers were only Yes and No then I would had think twice on what to answer or would had done some Google work, but with This is configurable option, I choose to go with it.

Thanks for question and a point.:-D

SQL DBA.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)SSC Guru (50K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I thought this was interesting, especially after previous auditing solutions were one way or the other (never shut down/always shut down). Good to be able to set up some audits that might kill the server, others that don't.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Jan Sorenson
Jan Sorenson
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)SSC Veteran (271 reputation)

This is good information to know. Thanks for sharing.
KevinC.
KevinC.
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)Right there with Babe (775 reputation)

Thanks for the question.

I haven't had any time to play with the Audit features yet (not currently a business requirement), but I figured if I was designing a feature like this, I would want it configurable.

--
Kevin C.
SQLRNNR
SQLRNNR
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)One Orange Chip (27K reputation)

Thanks Steve - nice question.

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server, MVP

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw

TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)SSChampion (12K reputation)

Nice question. I didn't know the answer, but decided that MS had got enough things right with SQLServer recently that they'd probably got this one right too and picked the "configurable" option.

Tom

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.