Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

insert into temp table

insert into temp table

Author
Lisa Phillip
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
AHHHHH... yes! Why did I miss that?!

Thanks!
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Nice question, thanks!
Kangana Beri
Kangana Beri
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)SSC Eights! (882 reputation)

Good question, I learned something new. Thanks!
gagan623
gagan623
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Can you beifly Explain this with an example I didn't the reason ?
gagan623
gagan623
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

I totally agree with the Example. I have scenrio where I am creating Temo table using Select into #temp and later on using same table to insert data using Insert into Select from table.
Trey Staker
Trey Staker
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

da-zero (6/18/2010)
Good question.
Lose one point but learn a useful fact. A good trade-off :-D

Yep...This is what happended to me too. I don't mind loosing a point if I learn something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Full Links:
KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Trey Staker (6/22/2010)Yep...This is what happended to me too. I don't mind loosing a point if I learn something.

I think it is interesting that people say they are losing the point(s), as if they are supposed to be automatic. (You never had the point to lose it; you just failed to earn the point.)

I agree in the cases that I failed to earn the point(s) I usually learned something, which is good. (Even if it was as simple as I needed to actually read the question instead of making an assumption.)
jshailendra
jshailendra
Old Hand
Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)Old Hand (372 reputation)

Good question, learnt something new, thanks.
TomThomson
TomThomson
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

UMG Developer (6/22/2010)

I think it is interesting that people say they are losing the point(s), as if they are supposed to be automatic. (You never had the point to lose it; you just failed to earn the point.)

Remember: English is a world language now. So your dialect may be different from someone else's dialect.

We talk about teams losing games, we talk about teams in leagues losing points, and we use "lose" for many more things which were never possessed by theose doing the losing, so according to you they could not be lost. So there are cases where it is normal to talk about "losing" something you never had, at least in all the versions of English I'm acquainted with. Also there are things for which one can't use "lose" that way, and which things those are varies from dialect to dialect (maybe even from idolect to idiolect). In my version of English points in an SQL trivia quizz are things you can lose even though you haven't got them (and indeed they can't be lost once you do have them). I guess the same applies to the people you were commenting about.

Tom

Yuvaraj S-467280
Yuvaraj S-467280
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Hugo's explanation had more about this question.. Thank you both..

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.