Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Insert with OUTPUT clause

Insert with OUTPUT clause

Author
vk-kirov
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.5K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Insert with OUTPUT clause
Koen Verbeeck
Koen Verbeeck
SSCoach
SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)SSCoach (16K reputation)

Nice question. Of course I got it wrong, as I thought it would be the same answer as the QotD from 13th of May. :-)

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at SQLKover.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Arjun SreeVastsva
Arjun SreeVastsva
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

Good Question .....By Seriously I attempted the question luckly my answer is match with answer....
ziangij
ziangij
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

thanks... i had to read BOL to get this right... :-)
Richard M.
Richard M.
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.1K reputation)

Nice question... with a twist from the QOD from the other day :-D

Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (515 reputation)

A twist on previous question agreed, but I do not agree with the choice of answers. It is a bit too vague to select that as an answer.
sjimmo
sjimmo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.3K reputation)

Agree with rjv:

A twist on previous question agreed, but I do not agree with the choice of answers. It is a bit too vague to select that as an answer.

Tricky with the select at the end. Good question, makes one think. I do a lot with triggers and output statements and had doubts.

Steve Jimmo
Sr DBA
“If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
UMG Developer
UMG Developer
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Good question, it made me think some. I did refer back to the previous similar question to see what was different, which helped.
Dave Jones - CRC
Dave Jones - CRC
Valued Member
Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)Valued Member (63 reputation)

Nice question. I almost got it wrong because when I read it, I assumed the output had a "into @myTable" after it. But when I read it again (and actually paid attention this time), I saw it didn't. :-D
deepak.a
deepak.a
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)

Thanks For the Good Question Smile
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.