SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS variable added to import file

SSIS variable added to import file

Author
bob_kudulis
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I am new to SSIS and I have created a package that loops through files in a directory and imports them into a table. The package works fine but I would like to add the file name that the data came from and add it to a column in the import file or into the table that it was imported into. I have tried adding a derived column but cannot seem to get the value from the variable into it.
Elliott Whitlow
Elliott Whitlow
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

A derived column is the right path. What are you using to loop through the directory? A For-Each-Loop?

Also, why don't you add a data-viewer to see what is in the pipeline immediately following the derived column task.

CEWII
bob_kudulis
bob_kudulis
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)SSC Rookie (28 reputation)

I was able to finally get it to work. I had to Cast the variable and allow for a longer string. Thank you for your suggestion.
Elliott Whitlow
Elliott Whitlow
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

Wonderful, glad to hear it..

CEWII
CozyRoc
CozyRoc
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)SSCrazy (2.5K reputation)

bob_kudulis (4/16/2010)
I am new to SSIS and I have created a package that loops through files in a directory and imports them into a table. The package works fine but I would like to add the file name that the data came from and add it to a column in the import file or into the table that it was imported into. I have tried adding a derived column but cannot seem to get the value from the variable into it.

Check this post.

---
SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.