SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Replication

Replication

Author
Vinay Thakur-585143
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)SSCrazy (2.3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Replication

Thanx.
Vinay

http://rdbmsexperts.com/Blogs/
http://vinay-thakur.spaces.live.com/
http://twitter.com/ThakurVinay
Carlo Romagnano
Carlo Romagnano
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)

My answer is correct, but it's luck!
The text of the question is incomprehensible and the explanation is more and more incomprehensible.

I run on tuttopodismo
Herman van Midden
Herman van Midden
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)SSC-Addicted (405 reputation)

The question is very unclear. I guess it should be:

We have server ABC and installed two instance on it ABC\First and ABC\Second. we setup the Transactional replication from ABC\FIRST to ABC\SECOND. after 1 week we UNinstalled instance ABC\Second(control panel\add remove program\... unINstall ABC\Second).

Only after reading the answer I understood the question. Angry

Herman
Robbert Hof
Robbert Hof
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

The QotD needs a Moderator !!!

vk-kirov
vk-kirov
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

I clicked on the link...

...and I saw that the article 'apllies to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition'. Does it apply to SQL Server 2005, 2008, or even MSSQL 2000 Enterprise Edition? There's nothing about editions in the question...
Bhavesh_Patel
Bhavesh_Patel
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)SSC Eights! (913 reputation)

Jumble the words to get the correct Question .. :-P

Bhavesh Patel

http://bhaveshgpatel.wordpress.com/
Daveee
Daveee
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)SSC Eights! (926 reputation)

This question is pretty poorly worded...

"we setup the Transactional replication from ABC to ABC\first" - from this it sounds like ABC is just a default instance as no instance is specified.
"unstall" - must be a new option?
sjimmo
sjimmo
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)

The question implies that there are 3 instances of SQL Server (ABC (Default), ABC\First and ABC\Second). With Replication set up between ABC and ABC\First, the removal of ABC\Second may not have an impact. There is nothing pointing in your scenario between ABC\First and ABC\Second so the removal of ABC\Second should have absolutely no impact.

The way your anser is written, ABC is the name of the server, and ABC\First and ABC\Second are the 2 instances of SQL Server. Thus, you cannot have replication between ABC and ABC\First. Thus, the answer would still be nothing because you cannot have replication between the server and an instance so Replication cannot be installed. Thus the replication must have been installed between the 2 instances, and now your answer is correct.

In addition, please see the remarks above about the various editions and how they work.

This is a very poorly described scenario.

Steve Jimmo
Sr DBA
“If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
webrunner
webrunner
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8K reputation)

I have to agree with the comments that the question was poorly worded. I would have gotten the question wrong anyway, but I couldn't even hazard a decent guess based on the way it was asked. :-P

- webrunner

-------------------
"I love spending twice as long and working twice as hard to get half as much done!" – Nobody ever.
Ref.: http://www.adminarsenal.com/admin-arsenal-blog/powershell-how-to-write-your-first-powershell-script

"Operator! Give me the number for 911!" - Homer Simpson

"A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and says 'Can I join you?'"
Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html
timfle
timfle
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)Right there with Babe (778 reputation)

poorly written question, misspelled words
grammar incorrect

does anyone read the questions before they are posted?

OH - now I understand - the proof reading is outsourced to a foreign country where they speak fractured english

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.