Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008

Author
amahanna
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I doubt it. What kind of errors (if any) are you getting?
mrmoog
mrmoog
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Verry unhelpfully it just said 'error'

Neither the Reports or Report Manager would work, I've switched it back again just for the moment so I can't actually see the errors.

Not much help, just thought someone might know if R2 causes problems because the config files do appear to contain differences, not this would necessarily effect anything.

In fact on changing everything back I can't get back in to the Report Manager which is a bit odd surely these are just plain text files that should be easily corruptable?

mrmoog
mrmoog
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Ok I've tried once more and here is the error when trying to run a report

Reporting Services Error
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The report server has encountered a configuration error. (rsServerConfigurationError) Get Online Help

and here is the error trying to run the Reports Manager

Error

The report server is not responding. Verify that the report server is running and can be accessed from this computer.

brandon_slezak
brandon_slezak
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

You are a frigging genious, send me your paypal email and I'll send you some duckets, for rizzle.
brandon_slezak
brandon_slezak
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

I had the same issue check the event log for XML issue in config. I just skipped the code group security step and it works like a Friggin champ.

The dll probably justs implements all the interfaces And hard codes All security checks to true.
olatoyeng-1122640
olatoyeng-1122640
Forum Newbie

Hi,

Does this work for SSRS 2008 R2? because I have gone through all the steps and SSRS will not start

Kindly help pls
vasamsetti_prasad
vasamsetti_prasad
Old Hand
Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)Old Hand (383 reputation)

I am not sure about SSRS 2008 R2.. i need to investigate for R2 ... This works as tested on SSRS 2008...
olatoyeng-1122640
olatoyeng-1122640
Forum Newbie

ok Thanks, I will be hoping for a favorable reply
mrmoog
mrmoog
Forum Newbie

Since I requested help on this, I'm moved to using the latest Report Viewer control which does everything my client required and is significantly less hassle than messing about with the security of Reporting Services.

Obviously the full blown Reporting Services does offer slightly more, but just maybe some other developers may find that it is worth taking a look at the Report Viewer control instead.

Hope it helps someone.

JOEFER L. TINGSON
JOEFER L. TINGSON
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Hi,

I would like to ask where can I find the documents mentioned?

Thanks,

Joefer
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.