SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

XML Query

XML Query

Author
diego.perdices
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)SSC Eights! (911 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item XML Query
setiv
setiv
Valued Member
Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)

SELECT id as 'data()',
customer as 'data()'
FROM #customers AS customesra
ORDER BY customer DESC
FOR XML PATH(''),ROOT('customers')

I cannot view the full XML string.
lucky-80472
lucky-80472
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)

I'm getting the same result for all the 4 queries posted.

anybody else?

Lucky
abinder-1080408
abinder-1080408
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

"None of them" was not a choice so I picked all of them since they all return the same result.
abinder-1080408
abinder-1080408
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)SSC Rookie (25 reputation)

To setiv:

If you want everything you need to set the "Results To Text" option. It's under Tools/Options/Query Results/SQL Server or better yet, if you have the right toolbar showing you can just click on the icon.
SanjayAttray
SanjayAttray
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

I am bad at XML, actually very bad. Have to execute each code in SSMS and then see the difference.

But still, what acually is different in C except that you see alias customersa and customersb, where as results are same and what is common between A, B and D queries ?

May be a person with good XML knowledge can explain.

SQL DBA.
SanjayAttray
SanjayAttray
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

lucky-80472 (10/7/2009)
I'm getting the same result for all the 4 queries posted.

anybody else?

you see alias customersa and customersb in the resultset of C. where as in all other queries it's customers.

SQL DBA.
mtassin
mtassin
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)

Sanjay is right.... it got me because I wasn't reading clearly.

<customersa customers.id="6">

Is not the same as

<customers customers.id="6">

Smile Good question... shows me why I hate xml as much as I do Smile

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
setiv
setiv
Valued Member
Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)

This will not help. I need to buy a new computer.
mtassin
mtassin
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.8K reputation)

Setiv,

also open Tools -> Options -> Results to text and set the maximum length to a value higher than 256. I set mine to 4000 which works wonderfully Smile

--Mark Tassin
MCITP - SQL Server DBA
Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
For help with Performance click this link
For tips on how to post your problems
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.