SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

IIS requirement for sql server installation

IIS requirement for sql server installation

Author
luckysql.kinda
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Is there anyone who can tell me how to install iis. I used following link to install IIS 6.0.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=56fc92ee-a71a-4c73-b628-ade629c89499&displayLang=en

This created following folder: C:\Program Files\IIS Resources

But still when I run sql server 2008 installation I am getting following error:

"
- IIS Feature Requirement (Warning)

Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or is disabled. IIS is required by some SQL Server features. Without IIS, some SQL Server features will not be available for installation. To install all SQL Server features, install IIS from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or enable the IIS service through the Control Panel if it is already installed, and then run SQL Server Setup again. For a list of features that depend on IIS, see Features Supported by Editions of SQL Server in Books Online.
"
dba_pkashyap
dba_pkashyap
Old Hand
Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)Old Hand (362 reputation)

you need c:\windows\I386 folder to install IIS.
Check if you have that then go ahead and install it from add/remove programs and windows components.
Chand00
Chand00
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)Right there with Babe (790 reputation)

Hi Lucky,

Do you want only database engine or reporting services also. If you want only database engine you can ignore that warning. If you want reporting services then you have install IIS before installing sql server. Check out google on how to install IIS.

Thanks
Chandra Mohan

luckysql.kinda
luckysql.kinda
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)Right there with Babe (750 reputation)

Hello Chandra Mohan

I need to install reporting services as well and this is the reason I need IIS.

Could you give me some link that defines how tio install IIS?

Please look at my original request where I tried to install IIS from MS link but didn't succeed.

-LK
dan_skov
dan_skov
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)Grasshopper (20 reputation)

Meet George Jetson
Meet George Jetson
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)

Take a look at this link, it talks about 32-bit SQL on a 64-bit OS, but the IIS install link is included.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143293(SQL.90).aspx

Good Luck

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
Elroy: Nope.
George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.
m--S3qU3L
m--S3qU3L
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)SSC-Addicted (456 reputation)

Go to:
Control Panel>Add or remove programs>Add/Remove Windows components>Select IIS > point to "c:\windows\I386 folder" for the installation from the disk or image.

Cheers

John
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.