SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Getting Oracle backup into SQL Server

Getting Oracle backup into SQL Server

Author
rlondon
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Are you sure the backup was taken using Oracle Export utility?
schleep
schleep
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

I've initiated an inquiry.
I'll respond when I get an answer.
I hope they're not on holidays...

Thanks for the help so far.

schleep
schleep
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

It turns out it was done with the Oracle export utility.

rlondon
rlondon
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Try the import and let us know how it goes. Good luck.
schleep
schleep
SSCrazy

Failed:

VNI-2015 : The Node preferred credentials for the target node are either invalid or do not have sufficient privileges to complete the operation.
On Windows platforms, the Node credentials specified for the Windows target
should have the "Logon as a batch job" privilege.

I am running on Win2K3. Where do I find Preferred Credentials and set that privilege?

rlondon
rlondon
Ten Centuries

I'm not too familiar with that error. I found a thread that may have a solution:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=326832.

If you are using OEM, I would instead use the command line import.

You may also want to open a thread in an Oracle Support site such as DBASupport.com at: http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1
Nice Marmot
Nice Marmot
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)SSC Eights! (803 reputation)

rlondon (8/11/2009)

If you are using OEM, I would instead use the command line import.

I agree that it would be simpler to use the command line. Alter the database from mounted to open and try this:

imp.exe userid=sys@test file=h26b_full.Mar04 log=h26b_full.Mar04.txt show=y rows=n

(You will be prompted for the "SYS" user's password.) This will not actually import data, but it will create a text file showing you what it is in the export. The filename implies that it is a full database export - you might not want all of the users/schemas (in Oracle these are the same thing) that are in it.

If it is a full export you will need to create the user account(s) aka schema(s) in Test before import. Say you only want the "ACCOUNTS" user/schema, you could then import it like this:

imp.exe userid=sys@test file=h26b_full.Mar04 log=accounts.imp.txt fromuser=accounts

("imp.exe" is in "c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin" or similar, depending on your installation.)

This link might be helpful: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/exp_imp.htm#sthref2573

HTH
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.