SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Creating a recycle bin for SQL Server 2005\2008

Creating a recycle bin for SQL Server 2005\2008

Author
Chris Goldsmith
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)SSC Rookie (34 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Creating a recycle bin for SQL Server 2005\2008
Dugi
Dugi
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.8K reputation)

Yea great idea, and very nice post here Chris!

This one is enable in Oracle from 10g version if I'm not wrong!

Anyway, thanks for the script and explanation!

Cool

============================================================
SELECT YOUR PROBLEM FROM SSC.com WHERE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION =
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
SuperDBA-207096
SuperDBA-207096
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.3K reputation)

Good post! Interesting concept!
Duncan RAY-360676
Duncan RAY-360676
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (102 reputation)

Chris,

This is the reason I subscribe to the forums. One becomes a "panner for gold" or a "hunter of diamonds". And, this is a find that I think I will have to frame somewhere amongst my piles of debris left over from my adventures surfing the net.

I must send you a million thanks. This article and associated code have introduced a much needed breath of fresh air in my cubicle.

Thanks,
Duncan
patr
patr
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)SSC-Addicted (420 reputation)

very good post....this is the thing i was really expected when i was beginner in sql 2005..........anyway a good idea and i appreciate to share this valuable information to everyone.............................:-)
Jurgen H.
Jurgen H.
Old Hand
Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)Old Hand (351 reputation)

Interesting, but what if someone renames a procedure, object or view ?

Florian Reischl
Florian Reischl
SSCoach
SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)SSCoach (17K reputation)

Nice article, Chris!

Now we have an un-drop. Last things we need are un-delete and un-update. :-D
(I know about auditing tables ;-))

The more I learn, the more I know what I do not know
Blog: Things about Software Architecture, .NET development and T-SQL

How to Post Data/Code to get the best Help How to Post Performance Problems
doveb
doveb
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (126 reputation)

What a great idea. Thank you for the tip. I did have one question. Are there any additional considerations for items that are schema bound or have foreign keys associated to them?
Mike DiRenzo
Mike DiRenzo
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

Duncan Ray could not have said it better.... "gold", "diamonds", "debris", " breath of fresh air".

Thanks a million.

-Mike
Jack Corbett
  Jack Corbett
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)SSC Guru (88K reputation)

Interesting article and great concept. I've always relied on backups if an object gets dropped accidentally but this would be an interesting concept. I'm wondering why you didn't do it as database instead of schemas? A little more work, but I think it would work also.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming
At best you can say that one job may be more secure than another, but total job security is an illusion. -- Rod at work

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.