SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

File System Error: The record ID is incorrect . Physical File:. Logical File:.

Author
manoj sharma-403194
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I am also facing the below issue .In live environment we are using the below reporting services version
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.1399.00

for analysis server we have already installed service pack2 which is mentioned in the below link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950992

In my mdx query I am not using TopCount function.The strange thing is I am getting the error only in 2 report which was working fine 2 days back .Now suddenly the below error is appearing .

Cannot read the next data row for the data set xxxxxx. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)

Please help if you have any solution for this .
Steven D. Clark
Steven D. Clark
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I am having the exact same problem. I started getting this error immediately after receiving a memory address error message from SQL Analysis Service. I'm not sure the two are connected, but the two seemed to go hand-in-hand.
Rick Todd
Rick Todd
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)

I'm now seeing this error on a SQL Server 2008 R2 machine. Anyone ever find a fix for it? I'm going to try reprocessing the cube and see if that fixes it.

Bummer,

Rick Todd
Rick Todd
Rick Todd
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)SSC Veteran (286 reputation)

Ugh, a year later and I find my own post via Google. Still having this problem. Deleted the cube, redeployed from code, reprocessed, same error. SQL Server 2008 R2...

Rick Todd
mark 38539
mark 38539
Valued Member
Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)

That could be anything..what mdx generates the error...are any events logged...are any dump files written...what does your ssas config have for memory settings...did you run a profiler and capture all the events that lead up to the error...do you think it is storage engine or forumla engine problem?
Rick Todd
Rick Todd
SSC Veteran

No events logged. Minidumps created (trying to read them now). I think it's an MDX problem. There's something about the way we're building customer groupings in Excel Pivot Tables, I bet. Profiler is a good idea. Maybe seeing the MDX will allow me to pull it into SSMS and narrow it down, then either fix it or find a work around.

Cheers,
Rick

Rick Todd
mark 38539
mark 38539
Valued Member
Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)Valued Member (70 reputation)

can you capture the mdx and post it?
Rick Todd
Rick Todd
SSC Veteran

I guess my"now" was misleading. I'll look at this again on Monday when I'm back at work. Unless now is the only time you have to look at it.

Thanks

Rick Todd
mark 38539
mark 38539
Valued Member

nah, just post on Monday and we can figure it out. It might take a ticket to microsoft, but someone knows the answer.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.