SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Report Builder integrated in Asp.net?

Report Builder integrated in Asp.net?

Author
bubu-475971
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Well... as the client said it... it turned out to be an end user report designer. Now I have to document on it and see if we can make that available :-) ...and if not, well we just have to try to convince them to go for the parametrization of the reports and make them some how custom for the user's use. I know about the hiding columns and filter data possibility...but right now...it's all in the hands of the client and project manager :-D
Samuel Vella
Samuel Vella
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)SSC Eights! (819 reputation)

Well if someone else is paying...

The third way is to build the RDL documents in your own application and publish those to the report server.

The RDL documents are in an XML format, using a "wizard" approach you could take the requirements from the user and then build the RDL from pre-written XML snippets.
Once the RDL document has been formed it can be published to the Report Server by the ASP .NET application

There is a fourth way possible too, which would be a mixture of the second and third ways...
bubu-475971
bubu-475971
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)

Yeah, but I think this means that I will have to build some kind of a tool that will let the user design his reports and this means that a lot of time will be spent just for the creation of this tool... time that I don't think I have... I guess now all I can do is present all the methods that we could use for this situation and wait for the answer... whichever that will be. Thank you for your help anyway... it cleared out many questions :-)
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.