Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Mastering SQL Server Profiler - Introduction

Author
Markus
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have the same problem. I can only see the left half of the video. Even when I goto the link provided it is the same way.

Misha_SQL
Misha_SQL
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)

Excellent series. Profiler is such a valuable tool and so underutlized. Look forward to the rest of the videos.

bradmcgehee@hotmail.com
bradmcgehee@hotmail.com
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)

The most common why the video is cut off is that the screen resolution you are using may not be high enough. Try a higher screen resolution and see if the problem goes away.

Brad M. McGehee
DBA
Rui Nogueira
Rui Nogueira
Old Hand
Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)

Hello, Brad McGehee

The video, Mastering SQL Server Profiler - Introduction, with screen resolution 1280x1024 don´t fit in the screen. This is the maximum resolution that I can use in My PC.The items related tags and related contents, hide the right part of this video.
Usually I use 1024x768, to save my Eyes.

The video, Using Profiler - SQL School Video, By Brian Knight it´s OK.

Thank you

http://www.arcns.no.sapo.pt
samiam914
samiam914
Valued Member
Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)

Hello Brad,
In IE, I tried with the maximum allowed resolution on my PC 1280x1024, still part of the slides to the right cutsoff and any screen shots you show at this high resolution will make it impossible to see unless one has a a magnifying glass.

So, I tried in FIREFOX browser I can view in lower resolution also at 1024x768, at this resolution I can see your screen shots without a problem, it seems to be working fine.

Looks like the problem is web page with adboe flash player was not tested using IE.

Thank you very much for bringing us the profiler lessons.
Sam
bradmcgehee@hotmail.com
bradmcgehee@hotmail.com
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)SSC Veteran (216 reputation)

I'll relay this information to the web develpers. Thanks.

Brad M. McGehee
DBA
Tony Davis
Tony Davis
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (593 reputation)

Group: Administrators
All,

Apologies for the any difficulties that you've had with these videos, and thanks for all your feedback.

The criterion was that the videos should fit on the screen at 1024x768 resolution.

With the size we chose, this only works (in IE at least) if we disable the right hand column, which we forgot to do!

This is now fixed. Let me know if you experience any further difficulties.

Cheers,

Tony.
Rui Nogueira
Rui Nogueira
Old Hand
Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)Old Hand (370 reputation)

Good day, Tony

After the work of SQL ServerCentral Team, the video :

It's fully readable with Internet Explorer 8.0, 1024x768.

Thank you for your help.

http://www.arcns.no.sapo.pt
Tim Chapman-218780
Tim Chapman-218780
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (127 reputation)

If you're interested, I've posted an article on www.sqlservernation.com that might complement the comments posted by Brad. Smile

http://sqlservernation.com/blogs/tipweek/archive/2009/05/27/introduction-to-sql-server-profiler.aspx

Tim Chapman
SQL Server MVP
ron.baxter
ron.baxter
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)Grasshopper (24 reputation)

I may be late in getting here, But I am no less grateful.
Thanks a million for taking the time toshare this information and the entire series.

One Grateful DBA.

Ron
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.