SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Changing the report manager color (SKIN) by style sheet

Changing the report manager color (SKIN) by style sheet

Author
Arunkumar S P
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I like to change the color(SKIN) of the report manager. I done half of this by changing the style sheet of report manager. still i can't change the color of parameter area. I attached the screen shot in which i cleared shown my requirement. pls help me to solve this issue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

Attachments
Report Screen Shot.bmp (233 views, 1.00 MB)
Arunkumar S P
Arunkumar S P
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)SSChasing Mays (641 reputation)

Yes i got the output.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

ramu.valleti
ramu.valleti
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)

Can you pls tell me how to change the color of the parameter area?

i'm new to this, pls tell me where to find the Style sheet of RS manager?

Regards,
Ramu

Ramu
No Dream Is Too Big....!
Arunkumar S P
Arunkumar S P
SSChasing Mays

Hope the below link will help you

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345247(SQL.90).aspx

Reporting Services provides a sample style sheet Htmlviewer.css that you can use as a temple to create custom styles for the report toolbar in HTML Viewer. Htmlviewer.css is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportManager\Styles. If you want to change the color of toolbar background, you can make a copy of the htmlviewer.css to work from and make the following modifications:

.MenuBarBkGnd
{
background-color: #ffffff;
}

If you want to apply the custom style sheet for one report, you can specify the style sheet on a Report URL, such as http://localhost/reportserver?/AdventureWorksSampleReports/Product+Line+Sales&rs:Command=Render&rctylesheet=MyStyleSheet.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

ramu.valleti
ramu.valleti
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)SSC-Addicted (479 reputation)

There is small correction in the path...(C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Styles)

Do i need to restart my machine or only SQL server services?

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply...!

regards,
Ramu

Ramu
No Dream Is Too Big....!
Arunkumar S P
Arunkumar S P
SSChasing Mays

Sorry for wrong path ram. Thats my mistake.
I think you no need to restart the machine. Some times changes won't take affect in your report in that case just remove your temporary files and press refresh continuously.

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

ramu.valleti
ramu.valleti
SSC-Addicted

Its working, Thanks a lot..!

Ramu
No Dream Is Too Big....!
ramu.valleti
ramu.valleti
SSC-Addicted

It was working for tabs, buttons in report manager...but when i change this for report server its not working(i refreshed so many times as you suggested).

please help me on this, attached the screenshot and style sheet for your reference.

Regards,
Ramu

Ramu
No Dream Is Too Big....!
Attachments
skin.JPG (227 views, 11.00 KB)
StyleSheet.css (148 views, 3.00 KB)
Arunkumar S P
Arunkumar S P
SSChasing Mays

Yes .MenuBarBkGnd { } is the right area to change the back color of parameter area.

Did you add in rsreportserver config file ?. Are you calling the report like this?

http://localhost/reportserver?/ &rc:Stylesheet=StyleSheet

Thanks,
Arunkumar S P

ramu.valleti
ramu.valleti
SSC-Addicted

Yes, exactly.

When i do any changes for report manager, its reflecting immediatly.

But its not for reportserver.

I'm using SQL 2005, SP3. Do i've to restart my machine?
That is the only thing i've not done.

Regards,
Ramu

Ramu
No Dream Is Too Big....!
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.