SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Maintenance Plan reporting

Maintenance Plan reporting

Author
rew-370421
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
sorry for this question. i'm a sql2k5 novice and can not find the answer to this.

i've created a maintenance plan and selected "Select Report Option" and specified a PATH where TEXT files will be written to. This works fine. But, I need to change that PATH. Where in the Maintenance Plan/Job can I find the "Select Report Option" to change where the TEXT file will be written to?

...thanks
Mohit K. Gupta
Mohit K. Gupta
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

In the Maintenance plan if you click on the icon with in Maintenance window design the very last icon before "Servers..." (Reporting and Logging).

You can set the path there, by default it is MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Log

Thanks.

---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN.
Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
* I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. Smooooth

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here.
rew-370421
rew-370421
Say Hey Kid
Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)Say Hey Kid (706 reputation)

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

I couldn't find that for the life of me.

I have no sql2k5 training and due to our wonderful economy I was told I wasn't going to get any training. So, I rely on BOL, the WEB and you good folks.

thanks again

Smile
Mohit K. Gupta
Mohit K. Gupta
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

Any time... if it wasn't for newsgroups, forms, and many many blogs I follow .. I did be a lost too.

People on this form are great, some great people respond here; some of being Microsoft MVP an all BigGrin.

So post away and ppl will answer if they know anything Cool

Thanks.

---

Mohit K. Gupta, MCITP: Database Administrator (2005), My Blog, Twitter: @SQLCAN.
Microsoft FTE - SQL Server PFE

* Some time its the search that counts, not the finding...
* I didn't think so, but if I was wrong, I was wrong. I'd rather do something, and make a mistake than be frightened and be doing nothing. Smooooth

How to ask for help .. Read Best Practices here.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.