Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

How can"Transaction Log Shipping status" report on Management Studio be subscribed to mailIDs.

How can"Transaction Log Shipping status" report on Management Studio be subscribed to mailIDs.

Author
CH&HU-1021641
Valued Member
Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)Valued Member (61 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I'm trying to export or publish one of the standard reports included with SQL 2005... I've got two SQL servers configured and they are running log shipping from one to the other. This runs well and i can manually view the "Transaction Log Shipping status" report in SQL server management studio.

What I want to do is this report should be emailed to a user everyday so they we can monitor this ourselves.

can i have step by step instructions on either scheduling an export of this report or publishing it, I have reporting services installed.

How can this be subscribed.

Thanks,
CH&HU.
David Benoit
David Benoit
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Well, I thought this would be a bit easier than it probably will be. The report file itself must be embedded in the actual application as I couldn't find it on the drive in what I would consider to be the standard locations. Based on Books Online it calls sp_help_logshipping_monitor stored procedure so, you should be able to use that to quickly develop a report in reporting services so that you can send it out via email daily as you are required.

I don't know of any way to schedule the standard reports for distribution outside of getting them in reporting services.

Hope this helps.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.