SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Import SQL 2005 Sever Agent Job\Packages

Import SQL 2005 Sever Agent Job\Packages

Author
anvie
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have 2 servers and they are mirrored. My concern is the SQL agent job are not excepted from mirroring.

Is there a way SQL agent jobs can be mirrored too?

Thanks!
Greg Charles
Greg Charles
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

Database mirroring only mirrors user databases. The only way I can think of to copy jobs is to build and schedule a script that scripts them and runs the script on the standby server.

I've found that jobs don't change that often so it's may be more efficient to just store the job scripts in some kind of version control store like Visual SourceSafe and update them when you make a change to a job.

Greg
anvie
anvie
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (132 reputation)

Thank you!

can you give me an idea or T-sql code on how to convert import sql server agent job. thanks!
Greg Charles
Greg Charles
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.7K reputation)

Sorry, I don't have a T-SQL script for this because I've never needed to do it on an on going basis. I've only scripted jobs to as a one-time thing when migrating to a new server so I've just scripted them in Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000) or Management Studio (SQL 2005).

Searching the SSC script section might turn up a script for you.

Greg
Jamie-2229
Jamie-2229
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314546

Step 4: How to move jobs, alerts, and operators
Step 4 is optional. You can generate scripts for all jobs, alerts and operators on the source server, and then run the script on the destination server.
•To move jobs, alerts and operators, follow these steps:
1.Open the SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and then expand the Management folder.
2.Expand SQL Server Agent, and then either right-click Alerts, Jobs, or Operators.
3.Click All Tasks, and then click Generate SQL Script. For SQL Server 7.0, click Script All Jobs, or Alerts, or Operators.

Jamie
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.