What are the best practice steps to change password for 3 or 4 node (A/A/P or A/A/A/P) SQL failover cluster environments?
I did few times in the following order,
1. change password for are cluster services.
2. In SQL Server Configuration Manager Change the Pwd for SQL services. Start from Active node.
3. Change 1st Active instance and change its other passive nodes
4. Once done on all nodes, failover the instances to another nodes and make the pwd get effected.
5. Do the same for 2nd and 3rd Active instances.
6. Restart the Cluster services one by one to make the pwd get effected.
But still i've questions like ,
Did i do the change in a right order?
Still can we reduce the down time of the resource failure when you do pwd change in the passive nodes?
Or I'm following an incorrect order of pwd change?
Please update your feedback on this.