SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

MCITP SQL 2008 DBA

MCITP SQL 2008 DBA

Author
Nicholas Cain
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Just passed the MCTS 70-432 and looking to move onwards with the 70-450 exam: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008.

There are no MS Press books out until well into the new year by the looks of things, does anyone know some good training materials/books that would help me delve into some of the aspects of this exam?

Thanks

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)

Books Online?

Not joking, it's what I used for the beta exams.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Nicholas Cain
Nicholas Cain
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.1K reputation)

You know, that might not be a bad idea at all. I've used it for a resource and have found it vastly superior to previous versions.
There are areas in which I am strong, and I know the areas of weakness that I need to put the majority of my focus on, BOL could certainly work out.

Thanks for he suggestion, I wouldn't have thought of it, even though it was right in front of my face.

Shamless self promotion - read my blog http://sirsql.net
Maria J. Grossi
Maria J. Grossi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

I'm starting to study for 432. Is it just multiple choice or are there simulations/case studies? Would studying from transcender be sufficient? I've passed the SQL 2005 admin test already.
thanks!
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)SSC Guru (87K reputation)

You do need to be familiar with the new 2008 features. Whether Transcender's good enough, I can't say. Never seen their test exam.

Check the requirements list on the MS website and make sure you're comfortable with all the sections.

Gail Shaw
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Maria J. Grossi
Maria J. Grossi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Thanks Gail. I'm also taking the upgrade class so I think I should be ok. Are there simulations/case studies in the test or is it just multiple choice. I don't see that in the test information page on MS site.
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru

It's multiple choice, but some of the questions are so long that they're almost case studies by themselves.

Gail Shaw

Maria J. Grossi
Maria J. Grossi
Forum Newbie

Thanks! I'm off to study!!
satheesh.neil
satheesh.neil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Is the MC Press book good enough to prepare for the 70-432 Exam? I have seen a couple of bad reviews about in on Amazon.com
silverak
silverak
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

CBT NUGGET has a Training Package for 70-450, it looks very professional, but I haven't tried to take the 70-450 exam yet, still studding..
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.