SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Help finding index tuning wizard

Help finding index tuning wizard

Author
Summer90
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I am somewhat new to SQL 2005. I am attempting to find the Index tuning wizard like in SQL 2000 Query Analyzer. All I want to do is take a SQL statement and see the query access and see if it recommends any tuning indexes. I do not want to start a trace or anything fancy like that.
MarkusB
MarkusB
SSChampion
SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)SSChampion (10K reputation)

In 2005 it's called Data engine tuning advisor and you can fingd it in SSMS under Tools.

Markus Bohse
Summer90
Summer90
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)SSCertifiable (7.6K reputation)

Thanks. I found that. I guess in 2005 they removed the simple I have a SQL statement staring me in the face in Query Analyzer and want to analyze it for tuning indexes. In 2005 you must cut/paste that query into a .sql file and then pull that into the new tool. I really liked the simplistic approach to the old way. I used that constantly. I would run profiler interactively, see a statement, cut paste into query analyzer and fire up index tuning wizard....
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.