SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Reporting services

Reporting services

Author
Mh-397891
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Here is my company's requirement: We want the user's to create their own reports, so I was thinking of using SQL server 2008 report builder(part of reporting services). Is report builder present in sql 2008? If so, can I use report builder of SQL server 2008 for my purpose? Thanks in advance.
david.tyler
david.tyler
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)SSChasing Mays (620 reputation)

Report Builder is present in SQL Server 2008 and sounds like the best choice for your requirement. If you are building a custom reporting environment, there is a component you can use to place Report Builder in an ASP.Net web app. Here is a link to get started:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9f783224-9871-4eea-b1d5-f3140a253db6&displaylang=en
sohelnax005
sohelnax005
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

You can use report builder to give facility to your company user. First you have to create report model and publish them to report server site. you can create a report model by BI through create new report model project.

your company user must have appropriate permission to report server to create report from those report model.

I hope it will help some.

Zahirul.
mysorian
mysorian
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)SSC Veteran (220 reputation)

You may want to use Power View in SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 assuming you have SharePoint available.

If you are using SSRS 2008 then you can create a Report Model which your permitted users can use to create reports.
Lampahuil
Lampahuil
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)SSC Rookie (27 reputation)

Hello,

I have basically the same requirement. I have a range of SSRS reports that are embedded in a Java written web application used by several client companies with about 5 users each.
From these 5 end users, one or two must have the possibility to edit, with Report Builder, a template report we created for them. They need to be able to edit, save and share this report among the other users from their group/company without altering the template for other groups.

I struggle to understand the roles and permissions settings I need to achieve this. Can we create domains for SSRS users? Is this requirement even possible through SSRS user management? How works the MyReports role?
Can anyone give me a link to an article, a tutorial or better still, an example of the architecture I need?
SharePoint is not used in our solution.

Thanks
lanex.z
lanex.z
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)SSC Rookie (36 reputation)

did you check this page yet on the MSDN? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/bb522824.aspx
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.