Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Repeating TABLE Header on each page of the report when you print the exported to excel report.

Repeating TABLE Header on each page of the report when you print the exported to excel report.

Author
sauraviit-689328
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
In source code find : TablixRowHierarchy

Under : that you will find following piece of code

After

Add 2 lines:

true
true

New Code :

After
true
true

Done
sauraviit-689328
sauraviit-689328
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)Grasshopper (22 reputation)

1)
2) After
3)

Add 2 lines:

1) true
2) true

New Code :
1)
2) After
3) true
4) true
5)

Done!!!!!!
sauraviit-689328
sauraviit-689328
Grasshopper

TablixMember
KeepWithGroupAfter/KeepWithGroup
/TablixMember

Add 2 lines:

RepeatOnNewPagetrue/RepeatOnNewPage
KeepTogethertrue/KeepTogether>

Done
Niraj-627298
Niraj-627298
Old Hand
Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)Old Hand (341 reputation)

Hi Smile

Please try using the property "RepeatOnNewPage" and keeping the same as "True".

Thanks alot,

Niraj
jennifer-981759
jennifer-981759
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Thanks!!!! Works perfect in SSRS 2008. Smile
becklery
becklery
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (143 reputation)

Hi. I think you can have a try of RAQ Report.
1. It can help you to export report to Excel. You just need to select the function in the menu in the report IDE.
2. With it, you can set the display style of page header as you like. The only thing is selecting desired style in the dialog box.

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool
josy.gino
josy.gino
Valued Member
Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)Valued Member (57 reputation)

Hi,

I tried to add these element below the Tablix Row, It resulted in an error saying that these properties are not in the scope. The element tablix row in namespace..... has invalid element keepwithGroup. This is how I added in the xml code.

<TablixRows>
<TablixRow>
<KeepWithGroup> After </KeepWithGroup>
<RepeatOnNewPage> true </RepeatOnNewPage>
<KeepTogether> true </KeepTogether>
<Height>0.25in</Height>
<TablixCells>

Anyone has any other idea to fix this rather than re-building the report. this report was built in SSRS 2005 and migrated to SSRS 2008. Now I cant revert back to fix this issue.
i hate registration-456225
i hate registration-456225
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)

WOW, That actually work!

It took a little time to understand the hierarchy there since it look like there was an unnecessary hierarchy in the xml.

I played with it a little and it work.

Thanks a lot pal,
Roy.
raza_sh
raza_sh
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Hi All,
If its SSRS 2008, make available the "Grouping window" by right clicking on report and selecting "Grouping" from menu.

1. Select "Advanced Mode" ( click on small arrow on right corner of grouping toolbar) this will display all rows of tablix control.
2. Click on the desired static row and press F4 to display properties window.
3. Set "RepeatOnNewPage" to "True" and
4. Set "KeepWithGroup" to "After"
5. Set the property same for all static row in same hierarchy i.e if you have 3 rows before group header in tablix then you need to set these properties for all. otherwise SSRS will display an error.

thanks
preyas.ghoda
preyas.ghoda
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)

Awesome Siva. It works for me in SSRS 2008.

Thanks.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.