SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Date Calculation Spin Error/Warning Messages

Date Calculation Spin Error/Warning Messages

Author
Diane-238072
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Has anyone see messages similar to the following on their SQL 2005 box?

[191] Warning [1]: Possible date calculation spin for Schedule 64
[192] Date calculation spin detected for Schedule 64

It's the first time I saw them on my SQL 2005 box. I found the following reference: FIX: SQLAgent Job with Recurring Schedule is Disabled Upon Completion of the Schedule for the Day (KB295378), which is for SQL 2000. But didn't find information related to SQL 2005. Checked and none of my SQL agent jobs were disabled.

Appreciate any insight you may have regarding the issue.
GSquared
GSquared
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)

I haven't run into that, but my best guess it that I would check which jobs were on schedule 64 and see if there's any issue with any of them. Might need to build a parallel schedule and use that instead, if something is corrupted in the main schedule.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Diane-238072
Diane-238072
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)SSC Veteran (233 reputation)

Thanks for your reply. I did check all my jobs and job histories to make sure they are working correctly.

What puzzles me is that, as indicated in the KB article, this is a problem for SQL 2000 and 7.0, and was corrected by sp1 for SQL 2000 and sp4 for SQL 7.0. So I assume it's not an issue for SQL 2005 anymore and wonder why I got it.
GSquared
GSquared
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)SSC-Insane (23K reputation)

No clue why you got it. Maybe a job ported over from SQL 2000 and with something messed up by that?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon
Adiga
Adiga
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)SSCrazy (2.7K reputation)

Can you please try changing the start date of the job to today, for the ones which have very old start date?

Pradeep Adiga
Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
Twitter: @pradeepadiga
lisa.hale
lisa.hale
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)SSC Rookie (38 reputation)

I'm getting this error on a 08 Enterprise Server sp2, running SQL 08. This is a brand new install that hosts Sharepoint 07.
I've got standard backup jobs a moss delete expired session job and the syspolicy_purge job.
Nothing out of the ordinary and nothing different than 6 other db servers that I'm running with the same config.
Everything I've read is old and related to 00, or 05 instances. any ideas?

[191] Warning [4]: Possible date calculation spin for Schedule 12
d-i-m-on
d-i-m-on
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

It can occur because of SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION_LEVEL on your db.
Need drop\create the table with error
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.