SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSRS Logins & Object Access Report

SSRS Logins & Object Access Report

Author
Alasdair Thomson
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi All,

I am trying to create a SP to query the ReportServerDB as we are developing a full SSRS system. Part of this is to apply security, of which a policy has been agreed and will be rolled out. But one action/item to fall out of this is that in each folder we create a SSRS Report is to exist, which when the user opens/executes will use there windows user name as a variable and detail/report on the SSRS Role(s) that they have been assigned along with all the objects (specifically Reports only) and whether they have access to the report or not.

But i have no idea how SSRS Db is structured, I know that the security/setup is stored in the DB but not how to get what I am after Please help!!!

Hehe
Michael Earl-395764
Michael Earl-395764
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)

Querying the database directly is not a good idea. Use the web services made public through the report server. MS may (and does) change the database structure you are planning on coding against. You will find yourself having to re-code during RS upgrades.
Alasdair Thomson
Alasdair Thomson
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (568 reputation)

Ideally I'm after a report for use with the Report Services, essentially a report which summaries the users with access to each of our reports on SSRS. As if a user doesn't have the rights to see a report, they use directory report to find out who does to allocate access for them.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.