SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSIS 101: Object Variables, ResultSets, and Foreach Loop Containers

SSIS 101: Object Variables, ResultSets, and Foreach Loop Containers

Author
Andy Leonard
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi Paul,

You are correct and I was not - thanks for pointing that out. OLEDB providers return ADO Recordsets. To get an ADO.Net Dataset you have to use an ADO.Net provider in the connection manager.

Thanks!
Andy

Andy Leonard
Data Philosopher, Enterprise Data & Analytics
russella0-96423
russella0-96423
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (112 reputation)

Thank you for posting the article. You've no idea the amount of tears and tantrums you've saved me Smile

Once you get a good working example SSIS really falls into place - which makes me wonder why they're so rare.

Anyway this really helped me out and got my project moving again.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Leonard
Andy Leonard
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.2K reputation)

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your kind words. I can't tell you how much they mean to me.

:{> Andy

Andy Leonard
Baswaraj Mulge
Baswaraj Mulge
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information.. I m trying to with OLEDB and ADO.net Connection to execute Execute SQL task but OLEDB is taking 5.11min and ADO.NET is taking 5.28min.

Could you tell me the reason why...

Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Baswaraj.
Andy Leonard
Andy Leonard
Ten Centuries

Hi Baswaraj,

The point I was trying to make in the article (and I may not have done a good job) is that I use ADO.Net to call stored procedures that return scalars and small datasets. I find ADO.Net is faster for those operations.

OLEDB is still my preferred provider for large data loads.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Andy Leonard
Baswaraj Mulge
Baswaraj Mulge
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

Thanks very much Andy.... Smile
mxwebb
mxwebb
Valued Member
Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)Valued Member (54 reputation)

The was great into.!!!!!!!!!

Need a little though. I have doing same thing except I need to add a where clause to SQL in the Excute SQL Task!

How does that work?
I tried:
Select AdjustSQLCode from _ut_PCA_Client_Import_Format_Cycle_Adjust
WHERE FormatID = @FormatID

Mapping Paramter:
Variable Name = User::FormatID Direction = input DataType = Long Parameter Name = 0
Simon E Doubt
Simon E Doubt
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (591 reputation)

Terrific article, Andy - many, many thanks.
This got me started with understanding how to shred SQL data using the Object variable type. This understanding will now help me implement all kinds of great functionality at work.
Thanks again.
- Simon
rana.narpal20
rana.narpal20
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

i didnt unserstand from where we have to configure the store procedure so that its performance can increase twice from earlier..plz im cinfused..if im calling the store procedure from C# file..how can i do this.i will be realy thankful to u
Old_D
Old_D
Valued Member
Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)Valued Member (65 reputation)

good article, can't wait to try it ThanksWink
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.