SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Detaching Databases - SQL School Video

Detaching Databases - SQL School Video

Author
Brian Knight
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Detaching Databases - SQL School Video

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
SuperDBA-207096
SuperDBA-207096
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Brian,
Nice work! I thought it was a little on the basic side, but there are lots of Jr. guys who would benefit!

Mark
Brian Knight
Brian Knight
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.3K reputation)

Group: Moderators
You're absolutly right! It's most certainly on the basic 100 level side but that was intentional.

Brian Knight
Free SQL Server Training Webinars
Lou Ortega
Lou Ortega
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)SSC Rookie (32 reputation)

There are some Newbie/Jr level people around, I'm one of them!

But hey, even then, I feel that it could've briefly discussed the differences between doing that and restoring a backup. If there are any...

Keep doing those!!!

Lou
jereme.guenther@gmail.com
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

I absolutely love that JumpStartTV now appears to be integrated to some degree with SSC. I really like JumpStartTV, just never really had time to log into another site; might be nice if some of the videos were included in our daily newsletter.

About this particular video, I was a little disappointed that it didn't show moving the files to the new server and reattaching them. Kind of seemed like we left the process half way done. However, what was there was great, I love the idea of short little video clips showing us some of these processes.

It might be nice if a note was added to the article saying what experience level it is intended for.
SuperDBA-207096
SuperDBA-207096
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)SSCrazy (3K reputation)

Jereme Guenther (8/14/2008)
I absolutely love that JumpStartTV now appears to be integrated to some degree with SSC. I really like JumpStartTV, just never really had time to log into another site; might be nice if some of the videos were included in our daily newsletter.

About this particular video, I was a little disappointed that it didn't show moving the files to the new server and reattaching them. Kind of seemed like we left the process half way done. However, what was there was great, I love the idea of short little video clips showing us some of these processes.

It might be nice if a note was added to the article saying what experience level it is intended for.

There was a previous article that showed just that...
UDP Broadcaster
UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)UDP Broadcaster (1.5K reputation)

Nice, I must have missed that article, or it didn't go out in the newsletter.
A link to it in this article would help with that.
Leeland
Leeland
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)SSCrazy (2K reputation)

I have a question for the OP...

I had an issue with detaching a database in SQL 2005 SP 2 STD edition...

I had a post about it here on S.C.C.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic628227-146-1.aspx

Which another forum member confirmed my actions to some degree...

I couldn't find anything online regarding the "WHY" and am curious if you can lend any knowledge to my situation?

Thanks,
Lee
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.