SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Reformat via query?

Reformat via query?

Author
 Chad Crawford
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.2K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Reformat via query?
Atif-ullah Sheikh
Atif-ullah Sheikh
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (5K reputation)

I always wonder why the Message window is NOT read-only. The negative impact is clearly mentioned in the Answer of this question. Why not it is read-only...?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.

You can check my BLOG here

Christian Buettner-167247
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)

Haha, good start into a friday Smile

Best Regards,

Chris Büttner
brewmanz
brewmanz
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)Right there with Babe (757 reputation)

I would have chosen the correct answer, except I can't think of how to type text to show in red the Messages tab. Can someone help me out with that?
ChiragNS
ChiragNS
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.4K reputation)

How did you put the message in red

"Keep Trying"
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.2K reputation)

I assume you can run any statement after you have "temporarily disabled access" to the file.
Then add the black text into the results tab.

But just a thought. (If that is possible at all)

Best Regards,

Chris Büttner
Nick W*
Nick W*
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (172 reputation)

It is possible to replicate the results,

Open up a query window to a database and type in "SELECT * FROM sys.master_files", then open "activity monitor" and kill the SPID which corresponds to the Query window.
Now execute the query, and you'll get the red Transport-Level error. Move cursor into the Message window and add the "Formatting" error in black, and hey presto, Prankus Maximus.

Like it Smile Must remember this one.. hehe.

P.S. Putting the question in the category 'Humour' kinda gives it away though ;-)
Jim Russell-390299
Jim Russell-390299
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)SSCrazy (2.1K reputation)

Thanks for the explanation, Nick!
I picked another answer after deciding I could neither fake a message tab nor the red font color.
(Remind me not to be interviewed by you!)
umailedit
umailedit
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)Right there with Babe (741 reputation)

The category of the question 'humor' gave the answer away. You should have left it un categorized.
gaurav.bhagat
gaurav.bhagat
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)SSC Eights! (883 reputation)

going to prod server ssms window now..
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.