Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services

Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services

Author
Loner
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Kirk Haselden is one of the author of Professional SQL Sever 2005 Integration Service.
Anyway I agree this book is not much help as far as I concern. I probably will give it a 3 out of 5 too.
Robert Frasca
Robert Frasca
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)SSChasing Mays (612 reputation)

Kirk Haselden is not one of the authors of this book, i.e. Professional Sql Server 2005 Integration Services. I've got it in my hand right now. The authors are:
Brian Knight, Allan Mitchell, Darren Green, Douglas Hinson, Kathi Kellenberger, Andy Leonard, Eri Veerman, Jason Gerard, Haidong Ji, Mike Murphy.

"Beliefs" get in the way of learning.
Marvin D
Marvin D
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)SSC Veteran (252 reputation)

I purchased this book in 2006 when first published as the company I was working for wanted to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 and as the Senior Database Developer/DBA, I had to evaluate how much effort it would take for the conversion of the DTS packages and sort. I found the book helpful at the basic level with it's explanation and case studies. It served as a good jumping off point as I was already very versed in DTS.

Now that I have been working with SSIS for two years, I find my skills beyond the book, however I must reiterate, it was a good jumping off point to get me thinking on SSIS.

At the time of publishing I would have rated this book a 4.5, now, I think it should be renamed with the Beginning tag to maintain that rating. As what I expect from a Professional tagged book, I'd rate it between 3.5 and 4 today.

Marvin Dillard
Senior Consultant
Claraview Inc
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.