SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SQL Server Express DAC

SQL Server Express DAC

Author
Jan Van der Eecken
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)SSCrazy (2.4K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Sorry, but I don't agree with the "correct" answer to the QotD. If one asks whether SQL Express allows DAC BY DEFAULT, then the answer should be a resounding NO! Starting the server with trace flag 7806 can hardly be described as a default.

Regards,
Jan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)
Daniel Casado
Daniel Casado
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)Ten Centuries (1K reputation)

I agree with Jan.

Regards
Daniel
RichardWalters
RichardWalters
Old Hand
Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)Old Hand (301 reputation)

let me add my name to the list of dissenters!

JKG
JKG
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)SSC-Addicted (491 reputation)

The only possible answers to this are 'yes' and 'no'. Something is either the default or it isn't.
Ben Leighton
Ben Leighton
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)SSChasing Mays (656 reputation)

Count me in with the dissenters... shall I get my pitchfork?
rajankjohn
rajankjohn
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

well...the "default" is the cuprit this time Smile
http://rajanjohn.blogspot.com/
w.durkin@online.de
w.durkin@online.de
SSChasing Mays
SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)SSChasing Mays (637 reputation)

Count me in too.

Default is no, if I have to add a flag to the server startup parameters it is NOT default Ermm

I want my point for getting it right! Wink

Regards,

WilliamD
StarNamer
StarNamer
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)SSCommitted (1.6K reputation)

I agree with the people who say that "by default" only allows answers "yes" or "no", but by giving 2 other options, I think most people would ignore the prefix and read the question as "Does SQL Server 2005 Express allow Dedicated Administrator Connections (DAC)?". In which case, the answers are valid.

Derek
Ignacio A. Salom Rangel
Ignacio A. Salom Rangel
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)

I join the dissenters.

My blog

Ignacio A. Salom Rangel
Ignacio A. Salom Rangel
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)Hall of Fame (3.9K reputation)

Derek Dongray (4/24/2008)
I agree with the people who say that "by default" only allows answers "yes" or "no", but by giving 2 other options, I think most people would ignore the prefix and read the question as "Does SQL Server 2005 Express allow Dedicated Administrator Connections (DAC)?". In which case, the answers are valid.

I though it was a trick to make you choose the wrong answer.

My blog

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.