This is good idea to cheсk servers every morning. But if you have 50 servers, like me, you will be dead before you will finish such check out. I can give some adviсe, as head of DBA team, how you can save a lot of time and be shure that all works perfectly:
1. Collect information about all IT infrastructre in your company and gover it in CMDB.
2. Create alerts on SQL servers and operators to inform them.
3. The message from alerts and jobs with high priority have to be sent in Service Desk system and to operators.
4. Very usefull to deploy monitoring system (HP, SCOM or so on).
5. Use the SMS services to inform operator about disasters in non work time.
Theese steps with help you, becouse if disaster you will know about it right in the moment, if you have a problem you will information as soon, as you run your comp.
My group consists from 4 mans, and only one hour we need to become shure that we do not have any problem.