SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

"Sql server error 5120" while attaching database

"Sql server error 5120" while attaching database

Author
bkong
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Thank You Very Much:-)
bigeorge179
bigeorge179
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! You saved me from more hours of frustration :-)
WellingtonSQL
WellingtonSQL
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Hello Mr.

è an old post, but decided that situation as follows:

When you attach the base within the D: \ <folder> \ MSSQL \ Data presented this error so I created another folder inside the Data folder put the base you want to attach inside the folder I created and it worked then the path was D: \ <folder > \ MSSQL \ Data \ <new <folder

Note: We attach multiple database within the directory D: \ <folder> \ MSSQL \ Data, and have never been read-only just this last.
RuedeMalte
RuedeMalte
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

Hello, I'm receiving this error also. I'm trying to attach some databases that came with the MCTS 70-433 Exam Training Kit. After copying the databases from the CD to my hard drive, two of the databases attached fine. But a third, which required I copy an .ldf file, an .mdf file, and a documents folder, will not attach. The error message says that it cannot find the Documents file specified. Which is weird, because it's in the same place as the data files. It's looking for '\MSSQL10.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA\DOCUMENTS' but the default name of the program file given (which I can't/don't know how to change) is '\MSSQL10_50MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA....'

Just trying to learn SQL Server after learning Oracle.

Any help on this? I'm running Windows 7, SQL Server 2008 R2. And I've logged in Windows Authentication mode. Thanks in advance.
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)SSC Guru (90K reputation)

Please post new questions in a new thread. Thanks

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

brijgogogo1
brijgogogo1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

I ran Sql Server Management Studio as Administrator and used the usual steps and it worked for me.

Brij Kishore Sharma
Solution Rally
jhonatantiradotiradodeep
jhonatantiradotiradodeep
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)Grasshopper (15 reputation)

dotnet-786228 (6/18/2008)
Hello !!!

try login with Windows Authentication.

GalaWink

This solved my problem.
madhoonu
madhoonu
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)Grasshopper (10 reputation)

1) you check which login credential Windows/user
go windows with adminisrator
2) even you face prob
take bakup and resotre the best way
tswapnars 90250
tswapnars 90250
Grasshopper

Thank you!!
It worked out for me when i logged in using Windows Authentication.
sarbanam
sarbanam
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)

copy your both mdf and ldf files to the default database folder of the sql server edition. for 2010 express edition u need to copy it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\. Then try to attach the db, it may work.
Thanks...
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.