SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The New SQL OS

The New SQL OS

Author
ChiragNS
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.7K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
This just might be the FUUUUTURE. and of course open source.
w00t

"Keep Trying"
Chris_P
Chris_P
Old Hand
Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)Old Hand (339 reputation)

Ok you got me, but that would be really cool.

Chris.

Chris.
Brad Allison
Brad Allison
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)SSC Eights! (979 reputation)

Found the code name "kalamazoo" funny since this is where I live. BigGrin
Luke L
Luke L
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)

Steve, I gotta say I enjoyed it, but it seemed far too familiar to me...

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/The+Lighter+Side/sqlserveronlinux/1814/

-Luke.

To help us help you read this

For better help with performance problems please read this
Clif
Clif
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)

Grrrrrrrr. Hook, Line, and sinker. It just made too much sense - I should have known better!
tomw54
tomw54
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)SSC Rookie (43 reputation)

Why....I oughta.......

Ion Freeman
Ion Freeman
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (169 reputation)

Hey, you tricked me! Here I was, getting all depressed at a strategic misstep by Microsoft (I can't explain why these depress me) and it's not true!
I wonder what Red Herring's got today.... "Tech Stocks Hammered in First Quarter!" Wait, that's real. "MySpace and Facebook Still Looking to Turn Clicks into Cash." Oh, hoo hoo hoo!
jeff451
jeff451
Valued Member
Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)Valued Member (64 reputation)

I should have realized it was to good to be true.

You got me!

Jeff451
SQL Guru wannabe
madpiper56
madpiper56
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

DaftUsername (4/1/2008)
April 1st has arrived in style..

I just wish this were real.

No you don't...

No fooling this was already done 30 odd years ago in a system called PICK. Look it up. I worked with PICK for a few years in the mid to late 80's and while it did some things well, it did other things very poorly (i.e. OS level stuff).

It seems like a great idea until you need some of the finer things available at the OS level. Best to leave SQL to do what it does best.

Someguy
Someguy
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (501 reputation)

Add me to the list of April fools. You got me! Thanks for a fun article.

Thanks SSC-Enthusiastic for an even funnier reply.

On a serious note though (should I put any serious thoughts here?) Intel built a chip with 80 cores running teraflop operations which consumes only 62 watts of power last year. I would have thought that was an April fool's headline if I ever saw one, but check out the article:

(http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20070204comp.htm)

It won't be coming to market any time soon, but it's still amazing.

It seems that every day is April Fool's day in the computer field...

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.
You can't delete your own posts.