Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Send query result as HTML Mail

Send query result as HTML Mail

Author
drwhitaker
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Thanks, I will try that.

What about in the message body, I see this first before the columns:

<td

What is this and how do I get rid of it
drwhitaker
drwhitaker
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)Grasshopper (16 reputation)

My HMTL body output is getting cut-off and now showing all the content:

Anybody know why?
drwhitaker
drwhitaker
Grasshopper

I tried it and it failed:

exec sun_sp_send_mailhtml
'OUTBOUND.SMTP.USI.NET', --SMTP Server
'chemapptabware@sunocoinc.com', --From
'TabWareRTCheck@sunocoinc.com', --To
'', --CC
'', --CCi
'NOTICE: RT TabWare - Missing GL Transactions', --Subject
'select plant, convert(varchar, transaction_date,110) transaction_date, transaction_type
from NEV_TW_PROD.dbo.in_log_material
where plant = ''RT'' and
transaction_date = convert(smalldatetime,convert(varchar, getdate() - 1,101),101) and
transaction_type in (''Cvar'',''Xvar'',''Xrecp'',''Accr'',''Taxes'',''Frght'',''Xinv'') and carrier is null
order by plant, convert(varchar, transaction_date,110), transaction_type'

Here is my results:

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "exec sun_sp_send_mailhtml 'OUTBOUND.SMTP.USI.NET', --SMTP Server 'chemapptabware@sunocoinc.com', --From 'TabWareRTCheck@sunocoinc.com', --To '', --CC '', --CCi 'NOTICE: RT TabWare - Missing GL Transactions', --Subject 'select plant, convert(varchar, transaction_date,110) transaction_date, transaction_type from NEV_TW_PROD.dbo.in_log_material where plant = ''RT'' and transaction_date = convert(smalldatetime,convert(varchar, getdate() - 1,101),101) and transaction_type in (''Cvar'',''Xvar'',''Xrecp'',''Accr'',''Taxes'',''Frght'',''Xinv'') and carrier is null order by plant, convert(varchar, transaction_date,110), transaction_type'" failed with the following error: "The ORDER BY clause is invalid in views, inline functions, derived tables, and subqueries, unless TOP is also specified.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Added "TOP 100 PERCENT" and it worked
jcrawf02
jcrawf02
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

so, just to be clear, you fixed your issues with the table cell (<td stuff), added Top 100 percent and it works now?

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
drwhitaker
drwhitaker
Grasshopper

No, the order of the columns even after adding the "order by" clause are still being displayed in alpha order. Anybody have any ideas
jcrawf02
jcrawf02
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Think this part is causing you issues:
-- prepare query
set @SqlCmd = 'select * into ##tempHTML1 from (' + @Query + ') as t1'
execute (@SqlCmd)

Try adding another parameter for @OrderBy, then change that part to :
-- prepare query
set @SqlCmd = 'select * into ##tempHTML1 from (' + @Query + ') as t1 ORDER BY ' + @OrderBy
execute (@SqlCmd)

and see what you get.

---------------------------------------------------------
How best to post your question
How to post performance problems
Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."
drwhitaker
drwhitaker
Grasshopper

This is resolved now, I found the problem. Since our database was case sensitive, I was having issues with tempdb.information_schema.columns. So I changed them to upper case tempdb.INFORMATION_SCHEDMA.COLUMNS and now all works great

:-)
gf_griever
gf_griever
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

please i need RDP and Inbox SMTP
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.