In sql server 2005, I am trying to edit the type / replinfo values in sysobjects, I got the error message "update or insert of view or function 'o' failed because it contains a derived or constant field"
Steps I did in SqlServer 2005
1. Make the server as a single user mode. using sqlservr.exe -m -c -s
2. i'm open one more cmd window and login the server using osql
3. then, i configre the allow update as 1 .. exec sp_configure 'allow updates', '1'
4. then, i provide " RECONFIGURE with OVERRIDE"
5. Now i am trying to update the sysobject column values using the below command ->
update o set replinfo = 1 from sysobjects o where name = 'TEST'
It is not allow me to update the values as 1.
is any other way to update the system catalog in Sql Server 2005 ?
Awaiting your replies. thanks i advance.