SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Cannot Deploy SSAS database

Cannot Deploy SSAS database

Author
Dan Baksa
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have been trying to use BIDS to build an SSAS database and cannot deploy the database if there is a cube attached. If I have just a data source and data view the database will deploy and as soon as I build and add a cube and try to deploy the application hangs.

I have also tried to build the database with BIDS online connected to the server and have had a similar result. I think I have a security problem but I have been unable to figure it out.

I'm running SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 on the same machine. OS = Windows XP.

Thanks in Advance for any assistance you may have.
wissemhabboub
wissemhabboub
Old Hand
Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)

hi
can you give me more details especialy errors returned by SSAS
Dan Baksa
Dan Baksa
SSC Journeyman
SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)SSC Journeyman (90 reputation)

No errors are received the application just hangs. I have waited an hour + for errors but none returned.
wissemhabboub
wissemhabboub
Old Hand
Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)Old Hand (380 reputation)

when you double clik on Source view -> Identity wich check box is enabled:

try to use default
Dan Baksa
Dan Baksa
SSC Journeyman

I can now deploy the database. I changed to default security and still did not deploy. I changed the surface security setting for SSAS to anonymous and I can now deploy but I still cannot browse the cube in BIDS or the SQL Management Studio. Application hangs - no error. ?????????????????
hadush1
hadush1
Valued Member
Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)Valued Member (71 reputation)

What is the size of the Analysis Services Database? try to query using MDX by limiting the no. of records you want to see
Dan Baksa
Dan Baksa
SSC Journeyman

I'm using the adventure works database right now. So I don't think size is the issue.
Ian Yates
Ian Yates
SSCarpal Tunnel
SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)SSCarpal Tunnel (4.4K reputation)

Can you hook SQL Profiler up to your Analysis Services instance and see if what commands, if any, are being issued? If so, can you then take those commands and run them directly in SSMS to see if they work there?

Dan Baksa
Dan Baksa
SSC Journeyman

Tried to load the profiler to Analysis Server an the Profiler application hung. I was able to hook it to SQL server with no problem. I think this is a security problem in Analysis server somewhere. Any other Ideas?

Thanks,

D.B.
wissemhabboub
wissemhabboub
Old Hand

hi

review installation of SQL server 2005, install SP2 if you didn't install it, and review hardware&software requirements.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.