SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Ken Henderson

Ken Henderson

Author
Grant Fritchey
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
A friend at work just pointed me to this post at the SQL Server Manageability Team Blog. Ken Henderson has apparently died? Is this true? I'm looking up at three books by him sitting on my shelf. He was a pretty major resource to me over the years. He's really and truly going to be missed.

----------------------------------------------------
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
Theodore Roosevelt

The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server Query Performance Tuning and SQL Server Execution Plans
Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

Oh man! That's terrible news. I met him at Pass last year. Such a nice guy and so humble. Spoke about his work on management studio, and his plans for updating the Guru's guides later this year.

Jim Gray (exactly 1 year ago) and now Ken.

Edit: Just dug up a photo from pass.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)

Group: Administrators
It's true. I heard about it from people at MS on Sunday.

The funeral is tomorrow in OK, flowers have been sent on behalf of the community.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Grant Fritchey
Grant Fritchey
SSC-Dedicated
SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)SSC-Dedicated (39K reputation)

Thanks for confirming Steve. I'd done several searches and hadn't come up with anything.

That is truly sad news.

I thought he was fairly young.

----------------------------------------------------
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...
Theodore Roosevelt

The Scary DBA
Author of: SQL Server Query Performance Tuning and SQL Server Execution Plans
Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Gift Peddie
Gift Peddie
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)SSCertifiable (6.2K reputation)

GilaMonster (1/29/2008)
Oh man! That's terrible news. I met him at Pass last year. Such a nice guy and so humble. Spoke about his work on management studio, and his plans for updating the Guru's guides later this year.

Jim Gray (exactly 1 year ago) and now Ken.

Edit: Just dug up a photo from pass.

This is a very sad day if you use SQL Server.

Kind regards,
Gift Peddie
jeffrey yao
jeffrey yao
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (523 reputation)

What a sad hit to SQL Server community ! My deepest condolence to his family !

Ken, may you rest peacefully in heaven ... we will forever miss you in this community...

Mauve
Mauve
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)SSCommitted (1.7K reputation)

Very nice tribute:
http://dannythorpe.com/2008/01/31/ken-henderson-1967-2008/

(PHB) I think we should build an SQL database. (Dilbert) What color do you want that database? (PHB) I think mauve has the most RAM.
Tim Mitchell
Tim Mitchell
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)SSCommitted (1.8K reputation)

What a great loss for the SQL Server community. Does anyone know if Ken had been ill? He was so young.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
ETL Best Practices

ab5sr
ab5sr
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)SSC-Addicted (414 reputation)

Ken was a true gentleman. Always willing to help anyone who had a question. Such a nice guy. Will be dearly missed in our community.

Lee Everest

www.texastoo.com

Lee Everest

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.