SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

SSC Level List?

SSC Level List?

Author
 Chad Crawford
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)SSCrazy (2.8K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
OK - I know this is SO insignificant, but I get a real kick out of moving from level to level. I'm very careful about the QOD and try not to miss any points (CURSES for the 40 point question I guessed wrong on!), and post replies when I have a chance. I live in awe of the SSCrazy team and dream about some day being worthy enough to be considered "Chasing Mays".

I know the level is no where near as important as posting well though out, quality responses in the forum but I still find myself wondering what and where the next level is. Any chance of posting the levels and values?
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)

Forum Newbie - 0
Grasshopper - 10
SSC Rookie - 25
Valued Member - 50
SSC Journeyman - 75
SSC-Enthusiastic - 100
SSC Veteran - 200
Old Hand - 300
SSC-Addicted - 400
Mr or Mrs. 500 - 500
SSChasing Mays - 600
Right there with Babe - 714
SSC Eights! - 800
Ten Centuries - 1000
SSCommitted - 1500
SSCrazy - 2000
Hall of Fame - 3000
SSCarpal Tunnel - 4000
SSCertifiable - 5000
SSCrazy Eights - 8000
SSChampion - 10000
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)One Orange Chip (28K reputation)

For the records, at least 30 persons reached the crazy levels. However if you only count the forum posts, then my guess is that only 10-15 of those have reached that level.

As for champion I'm the only one, besides Steve who owned the site and now administers it.
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Feel free to suggest most levels or names. I got tired of doing these and hadn't planned on going past 10,000.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
One Orange Chip

I'm with you here, I'd like more but I don't have time to think about it.

In the same space I don't have time to come back here and post 4000-5000 posts in the comming weeks so there's no hurry for the next level Tongue.
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

Not criticising, but the two levels 'SSChasing Mays' and 'Right there with Babe' are fairly meaningless to someone without knowledge of whatever sport they refer to.

p.s. Just got over the 2000 post mark this week, if anyone cares. 2020 posts for 16th place on the top posters list.

Need to post more. Hehe

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
One Orange Chip

Thanks for the info Gila.

Congrats on the 2K.

Anyone care to guess when we'll hit 100 members in the 2K club??
EdVassie
EdVassie
SSCertifiable
SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)SSCertifiable (5.8K reputation)

You need something to aim for. How about 'Better than the Don' for a score above 28067

Original author: SQL Server FineBuild 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005. 14 Mar 2017: now over 40,000 downloads.Disclaimer: All information provided is a personal opinion that may not match reality.Quote: When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist. - Archbishop Hélder Câmara
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)SSC Guru (61K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Congrats, Gail!

Baseball knowledge probably does help with the levels. I picked these over the summer, so my apologies for outside influences Smile

As an FYI,

Willy Mays - 660 Home runs
Babe Ruth - 714

Happy to consider alterations if you have a few.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
GilaMonster
GilaMonster
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)SSC Guru (86K reputation)

Steve Jones - Editor (1/28/2008)

Baseball knowledge probably does help with the levels. I picked these over the summer, so my apologies for outside influences Smile

It's your site. You can do as you wish. I'll give alternatives some thought. Maybe something cricket related? Wink

The explanation is appreciated.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.