- IMO this post is placed in the wrong forum (discuss content posted by BockWoody ??)
- Start with MS SQL2005 upgrade advisor (analysis your sql2000 db)
- fix the problems it detects in your sql2000-db
- Keep in mind to test your applications when modifying the sql2000 db problems. They should be perform at sql2000 side !
- determind the path for migration :
* permare user id's to be migrated (especialy sqlusers)
* backup / restore
* detach / attatch
- DBCC CHECKDB (0) WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS, DATA_PURITY;
(and if it finds issues, fix thenm !)
- run full maintenance (rebuild index / sp_updatestats / dbcc updateuseage)
- determine when you are going to switch db_level to 90.
* and then switch it a the negotiated point in time.
- test your applications thoroughly !
Prepare DTS migration ... SSIS development may be your biggest issue !
Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere
- How to post Performance Problems
- How to post data/code to get the best help
- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt ?press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution
Need a bit of Powershell? How about this
Who am I ? Sometimes this is me
but most of the time this is me