SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

error 08004

error 08004

Author
fobstar4114
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
I have recently installed sqlexpress 2005 on a xp machine i have activated all tcp/ip settings needed aswell as that all services are running that i know of but i still have an error popping up in a virtual machine that i have created trying to connect to the sqlexpress server the error reads connection failed SQLSTATE '08004'
SQL Server Error: 4060
server rejected the connection; connection to the selected database has been denied

can any one suggest any other ways to get this sql client communicating with the sql server!!

its ripping my head apart maybe because im just a begginer

cheers! w00t
Larry Taylor
Larry Taylor
Valued Member
Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)Valued Member (52 reputation)

Check to make sure the login that you are connecting to the server with has connect permissions in the database you are connecting to. If you are not specifying a database, make sure it has connect permissions for its default database.
fobstar4114
fobstar4114
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)SSC Rookie (42 reputation)

Yes well i have managed to get the client connecting to the server the actual program has been logging and creating its own username in the SQL express database without my knowing that the 26 character hexadecimal username was created at all so i have figured that one out now i tried to change the username to admin or something and i had to tick the sysadmin check box aswell the database in the Security tab and everything is working fine thanks for the reply
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.