Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Unspecified error MS visual database tools

Unspecified error MS visual database tools

Author
rafaelbonfa
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi, i am using sql server management studio 2005 express, and every time i try to open a table in a database i receive this message

"Unspecified Error (ms visual database tools)"

And i can't open the table. Any one can help me? What could be this problem?

Thank you.
brendan.hargie
brendan.hargie
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)SSC Rookie (29 reputation)

I too am having this issue. It has only started today and I have tried restarting my PC as I thought it may have been an issue with my current session, but continued after. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brendan Hargie
faheemM
faheemM
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

Hi Increase the no of connections.By default it is 5
right click sql server instance and go to property
from there click connections tab
and increase user connections connected to sql server instance
you can also use sp_configure stored procedure
shermdawg
shermdawg
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I'm having the same issue. The application can connect read and write to the databaae but when I want to see the table data via Visual Database Tools. I get 'Unspecified Error'. I've increased the number of consurrent connections permitted but this makes no difference.

I think it's to do with the drivers. I recently uninstalled SSEE 2005 and installed developer edition 2005.

I then got the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I then installed the following from the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack RC0, June 2008 (as advised by http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3559219&SiteID=17)

"SQLSysClrTypes
SharedManagementObjects
sqlncli10

These features can be downloaded from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=089A9DAD-E2DF-43E9-9CD8-C06320520B40&displaylang=en"

I am now getting the 'Unspecified Error'.

Can anyone help / advise.

Thanks
mark stewart-324402
mark stewart-324402
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I, too, am having this problem. I was working just fine with this database last week, but now I can't even open a table. The only major install was Subversion, but I can't see that being a problem.

Looks like I might have to do the whole reinstall thing which doesn't make me happy. And here I thought these tools were supposed to make me more productive. WTF???????
fzavat-970238
fzavat-970238
Forum Newbie

I am haviving this issue too. "Unspecified error MS visual database tools" when attempting to open a table in Management Studio with SQL 2005 express.

Anybody can give suggestions?

I am looking in Microsoft archieves but I did not find anything yet. If anybody found an article or a resolution or whatever else please let me know.
Thank you
cbeatley
cbeatley
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)Forum Newbie (2 reputation)

This seems to be caused by IE7 and DNS issues. On a workgroup SQL Server, attaempting to connect to a database (using hostname) would end up with unspecified error: MS Visual Database Tools. Using IP address, instead, it goes away. Alternatively, using IE6, it goes away.

this is a widespread issue & MS don't seem to acknowledge it

haider.jaleel
haider.jaleel
Forum Newbie

I try to access sql server 2008 form my local machine , it's normal to login but whenever i open any object i get the same error .
Kit G
Kit G
Mr or Mrs. 500
Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)Mr or Mrs. 500 (562 reputation)

Just out of curiosity, had anyone else had this problem with IE8? Or it is just IE7?

-- Kit
kanikagupta2704
kanikagupta2704
Forum Newbie

I am having this error in Mozilla fireforx 3.0.8 and it comes only when I try to open table of my remote server or try to design it. Any help out there.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.