SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Management Studio Templates that wont go away!

Management Studio Templates that wont go away!

Author
JP-317675
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Hi all,

I delete the template folder in SSMS and it no longer appears in the Template Explorer. I check the template folder (C:\Documents and Settings\jonathon.prosper\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Shell\Templates\Sql\) and the folder does not exist there anymore either. Then I restart Management Studio and the folder reappears in both the template explorer and the template folder!

Does SSMS save templates in a different location other than the folder above and "imports" the templates into this folder? I noticed that if I removed all the MS shipped templates elsewhere SSMS simply regenerates them next time I start it also.

-- JP
michaela
michaela
SSCommitted
SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)SSCommitted (1.5K reputation)

Just close the template explorer (there is an x on top right hand side) if it annoys you, don't try to remove it.

JP-317675
JP-317675
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)

I think you misunderstood.

There are folders within the template explorer I am trying to remove, not the template explorer itself.

Folders that I remove from the template explorer keep reappearing the next time I open SSMS.

-- JP
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.