The Database Developer will design and implement data warehouses and data processing engines for pharmaceutical sales applications. These applications aggregate large, heterogeneous data sets into central warehouses for analytical purposes. Systems rely heavily on ETL processes, frequent development, and are continually being loaded with new data on a weekly and monthly basis. Business data rule processing is the essence of the systems, which are continually being modified and adjusted to suit business needs. The Database Developer will work with the business analysts to understand requirements and provide solutions.
Other responsibilities include interfaces for tasks such as automated QA of data and incoming files, ETL development, processing status and error reporting, one click publishing of new data sets. The DB Developer will work with software developers to provide data access, manipulation, and functionality via stored procedures, views, functions, extracts, and custom interfaces. The Database Developer will also be responsible for the delivery of these applications, and will help manage and mentor junior and mid level staff. Additionally, candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced team-based environment, possess excellent communication skills, strong technical and analytical skills, have a positive, "can-do" attitude, and be able to efficiently organize work.
- Pharmaceutical sales data with knowledge of third party data, IMS or NDC a plus but not required
- 5+ years database development experience
- Data Modeling
- Design and development of Data mart/warehousing architecture
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge in development of Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Ad-Hoc queries, etc in SQL 2000 and SQL 2005
- Experience with ETL development: SSIS, DTS
- Experience with large databases
- Thoroughly understand full database lifecycle (architecture, development, QA, maintenance)
- Experience of database maintenance backup and recovery plans
- Debugging database objects
- Real-world Business Intelligence solutions experience
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong understanding of data reporting principles
- Strong problem solving skills and results oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers at Trinity Pharma Solutions
Trinity Pharma Solutions (TPS) was created in 2004 as the commercial technology solutions subsidiary of the strategy consulting firm, Trinity Partners. Together, we offer a mix of strategy and data management services that is unique in the consulting space.
The success of TPS is driven by an exclusive focus on pharmaceuticals and biotech, a stable base of successful, high-growth clients, and the ability to create technology-based solutions that drive fact-based, strategic decision-making. Our goal is to become the leading provider of integrated data management solutions and services that drive revenue growth in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
Our people are our most valuable resource, and those who join us enjoy
- working in a dynamic industry that is complex and important
- being part of a small, high-growth company without the typical risks associated with start ups (TPS has been profitable since its inception)
- developing professional and personal relationships with colleagues and clients
- a relaxed yet professional culture
- competitive salaries, bonus program, and other benefits
Qualified candidates can send their resume via email to email@example.com for more information about the career opportunities listed here.