SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Prizes

Prizes

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)SSC Guru (148K reputation)

Group: Administrators
1st Prize

This year the PASS Summit is being held in Denver, which is very cool for me. It's a 40 mile drive for me instead of a 3 hour plane flight as it's been most other years. And once again we're having an opening night reception for those people that register for the conference with the source code of SSC

We're going with the same party format we've used in previous years, with adult games of chance set up for you to have fun and win some prizes. I've been coordinating things and I've already gotten 50 DVDs of various "geek themed" movies as giveaways. However there is more money to be spent, so this week's poll is:

What's a good prize at our PASS Summit Reception?

Typically we randomly give out prizes all night long. We walk around and the next "ace" or the next winner of a hand gets a prize. Last year my daughter helped me wrap the gifts so it was surprise, but this year I'm thinking to bring 2-3 prizes with me and let people choose what they get.

Those are the random prizes so we can have run and enjoy the party. However each year we've also given away some bigger prizes to the 3 top "money" winners at the party. So I've got ideas about what to give away, but I'm looking for some good ideas for prizes that are in the $300-500 range for the winners and also some other random ones. I've grabbed some iPods (Nano's and Shuffles), but I've got more money to spend.

We run this as a non-profit, "fun" event. We spend every penny of the referral fees we get from PASS on the party and this year I've got a bigger budget because there's no shipping Smile. So help me out, give me some ideas of what you'd like to win.

And don't forget to register with the SSC source code when you sign up for the summit.

Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
How about a free plane ticket for next year (or rebate, as the ticket prrice is drstically different from one person to the next)?
P Jones
P Jones
SSCrazy
SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)SSCrazy (2.9K reputation)

In the spirit of SQL Server Central and the work-life balance ethos, how about something that also pleases the other half and family left behind eg a family ticket to a chain of theme parks or a try-a-day at an extreme sport - you'd need something that's nationally widespread or useable wherever you live.
Ian Brown-213389
Ian Brown-213389
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)

How about giving a track-day as a prize - you get to drive/thrash a Ferrari/Lambo/Aston on a track.

There is no problem so great that it can not be solved by caffeine and chocolate.
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)SSC Guru (68K reputation)

That one I like, except for the thrash part .

Edited 2007-07-06.

Ian Brown-213389
Ian Brown-213389
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (175 reputation)

tHrash - not trash!

There is no problem so great that it can not be solved by caffeine and chocolate.
Brad Allison
Brad Allison
SSC Eights!
SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)SSC Eights! (982 reputation)

XBOX 360 for sure with a copy of Gears of War!
Andy Warren
Andy Warren
One Orange Chip
One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)One Orange Chip (25K reputation)

Group: Moderators
iPhone? Or at least a giftcard for one?

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Dave Campbell-427475
Dave Campbell-427475
SSC Rookie
SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)SSC Rookie (26 reputation)

GPS unit?

Dave

Sarah Dutkiewicz
Sarah Dutkiewicz
SSC-Addicted
SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)SSC-Addicted (438 reputation)

Yeah... like a nice Garmin package
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.