Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

Scheduled Job fails with Process Exit Code -1073741819

Scheduled Job fails with Process Exit Code -1073741819

Author
dlink
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (198 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
It has been a long time since I dealt with this issue in our environment, but it seems like changing the job to a SQL step using xp_cmdshell made it work at the time. Most frustrating thing is the inconsistency!

spanielagain
spanielagain
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

...thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go...

S
spanielagain
spanielagain
Grasshopper
Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)Grasshopper (13 reputation)

...hhhm, I was happy it was working until I realised it wasn't returning a return code!

When run as a cmdexec, the step either returns 1 or 0. As xp_cmdshell it always returns null?!?

Has anyone experienced this?

S
muhandis
muhandis
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (173 reputation)

I m experiencing the same issue.
Running a batch file, but it is not.. Sad
"The step did not generate any output. Process Exit Code 1. The step failed."
Command Line : cmd /c "call D:\StaticBookDataRefresh\SummitBookRefreshFSA.bat >> D:\StaticBookDataRefresh\pm_%date:/=-%.log 2>&1"
zyskats3
zyskats3
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)Forum Newbie (1 reputation)

I work in SQL SSMS 2012. We maintain a primary SQL server 2008 R2 for all the SQL agent jobs.

Many job steps include CMDEXE calling .BAT files.

All run as the same Domain Admin account to ensure access to all network locations.

On occasion, one of these jobs up and fails after having run successfully for months and years.

I just spent hours messing with this myself because there was no explanation, no change in credentials, no change to our network, etc., and no change to the code or the job steps, etc.

One of these jobs in particular, the .BAT script is "IF the file exists, do these things, ELSE GOTO END".

So I decided to handle the ELSE another way instead of simply exiting the program. I changed ELSE to "run this .vbs that emails a failure message" and VOILA, for some reason the SQL job runs perfectly fine now. I changed NOTHING else.

Does Microsoft no longer like ELSE statements that simply exit a program? What happened to just IF something and nothing else? Not sure why that worked exactly, but really nothing else changed and the SQL Job Agent worked the very next several times I tested it.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.