SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

dbcc checkdb part failed in maintenance plan

dbcc checkdb part failed in maintenance plan

Author
KATHLEEN Y ZHANG
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members

Hi, not sure if this is an issue with sql 2005 service pack 2 (installed last week). Part of my maintenance plan checks database integrity. The sql shows:

USE [master]
GO
DBCC CHECKDB WITH NO_INFOMSGS
GO
USE [model]
GO
GO
USE [msdb]
GO

This part fails everyday. The error says:

Check Database Integrity

Check Database integrity on Local server connection
Databases: All system databases
Include indexes
Task start: 2007-04-10T05:00:39.
Task end: 2007-04-10T05:00:39.
Failed0) Alter failed for Server 'XYZ'.

It seems to me like its trying to alter database by changing to to single user mode, like it would do if you have repair_rebuild argument there, but the code does not show. Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks,

Kathleen

noeld
noeld
SSC-Insane
SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)SSC-Insane (21K reputation)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934459

* Noel
KATHLEEN Y ZHANG
KATHLEEN Y ZHANG
Right there with Babe
Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)Right there with Babe (756 reputation)

Thanks much!
Jonas Bergström
Jonas Bergström
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (101 reputation)

I got a later version than that kb specifies and still have a problem with checkdb and same error.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3282.00 (X64) Aug 5 2008 00:48:00 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)
KATHLEEN Y ZHANG
KATHLEEN Y ZHANG
Right there with Babe

I have:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3233.00 (X64) Mar 6 2008 21:58:47 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

The error cleared out a while ago, I forget when. Might have been after installing the patch Noel specified.
adey11
adey11
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (119 reputation)

Check the "Automatically set I/O affinity mask for all processors" in your server properties. We had unselected this to reduce processors for licensing, and the maintenance plan failed the following weekend and since. I reselected thsi and the plan started working. Still sounds like a bug Microsoft should fix as a plan shouldn't fail for this reason.
Rick Bailey-440858
Rick Bailey-440858
SSC-Enthusiastic
SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)SSC-Enthusiastic (116 reputation)

I had the same problem and checked every conceivable log and even did profiler traces to no avail.
I finally stumbled onto a solution that at least worked for me. It had to do with enabling AWE (Address Windowing Extensions allow 32-bit operating systems to access large amounts of memory. One first has to enable the lock pages in memory option. See links below. Hope this helps.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms190730.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190673%28SQL.90%29.aspx
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.